India’s First Woman Finance Minister (FM) Nirmala Sitharaman is delivering the Union Budget 2020 of 2nd term of the Narendra Modi government on Saturday at 11:00 AM IST. Meanwhile, Nirmala Sitharaman, Prime Minister Modi and Union Home Minister Amit Shah and other prominent leaders has reached the Parliament House. FM is likely to make announcements related to Railways in the Union Budget 2020.
Significantly, It is expected to provide stimulus to revive economic growth in this union budget. It also Guided by Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas, our govt scaled up the implementation of schemes that directly benefited the poor and disadvantaged, Added Finance Minister on Feb 1.
- KEY HIGHLIGHTS OF UNION BUDGET 2020-21
- Summary of Union Budget 2020-21
- Key Highlights of Economic Survey 2019-20
- Budget 2020 is woven around 3 prominent themes: FM
- Budget 2020: IDBI Bank to be privatized post Govt exit
- Govt raises turnover threshold for audit of MSME accounts to Rs 5 cr
- ‘Ease of Living’ – central Tenet of Union Budget 2020-21
- A Corruption-Free, Policy Driven good Governance and a Clean & Sound Financial Sector
- FM says focus on Infra for economic development, Rs 103 lakh cr infra projs launched under NIP
- Focus on police organisations, MHA gets over Rs 48,000 cr more
- Budget directionless, has no plans to address unemployment, Says Sachin Pilot
- Union budget: Delhi Police allotted Rs 8,619 crore
- Insolvency law reduces resolution time for stressed assets to 340 days: Economic Survey
- Fuel prices further reduced post Budget
- A safe inclusive Budget in current economic situation
- “Budget backs emerging tech to realise India’s potential”
Read Also, Key Highlights of Economic Survey 2019-20
However, The Economic Survey for 2019-20 was tabled in the Lok Sabha on Thursday. The Survey, which is the government’s report card for the year gone by and presents the health of the economy, comes at a time when the economy is slowing and consumption has staggered. The growth in 2020-21 compares to a projected 5 per cent expansion in 2019-20.
On Feb 1, MoS Finance Anurag Thakur has stated that, Prime Minister Modi govt believes in ‘sabka sath, sabka vikas.’ We received suggestions from across the country. The government is making efforts that this budget is good for all.
Notably, In 2019, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman broke an age-old tradition of carrying a briefcase to Parliament to present the Union Budget. She carried a ‘bahi khata’ instead. A “bahi khata” is a traditional Indian ledger typically used by businesses in the country. Let us see the prospect of this budget 2020.
(For any corrections, kindly mail us at email@example.com).