As you know that, Sachin Gupta of Haryana’s Sirsa district secured the AIR 03 in the CSE 2017, the results of which were declared by the Union Public Services Commission. Gupta completed his mechnical engineering degree from Thapar university, Patiala.. After completing his field of study, he worked at a private company in Gurugram. Also, his father namely Sudarshan Gupta, who runs a private trading fourm in Sirsa’s Bhadra Bazaar while Sachin’s mother Sushma Gupta is a government teacher..
Moreover, “1st attempt, in 2016, he got AIR 575, but he wanted to improve his rank with the same light and also wanted to go to Delhi or Bangalore for better coaching. He said that, “Technically this was my 2nd attempt, but I consider it as my first”. I’m glad that I cleared it’, Added, Sachin Gupta. Also, he said that he wants to join the Indian Administrative Services and will work to eradicate social evils.
Strategy for PT: Sachin Gupta, AIR 03, UPSC
Sachin Gupta: I hope that your preparation for prelims will be going on in full swing and you might be going through the feeling of fear and lack of confidence. So before writing the strategy that I followed for Prelims , I would like to talk about some Do’s & Don’t for those who are giving prelims within a month on 3rd of June, this year.
- Don’t change your own strategy: As result is declared recently , many of us successful candidates would be writing their own strategies, don’t get swayed in last one month, this is not the time to change anything that you followed till now. For last 1 month try to restrict yourself to the resources and follow the simple mantra ” Revise Revise and Revise”
- Previous year UPSC Papers: This is the only thing that i would suggest if any of the aspirants haven’t solved them yet, do it . It will not only help you in understanding areas on which one needs to focus more in last one month but also it will improve elimination as well as help you in time management in the examination hall.
- Time Management in last one month: About 4 weeks are left in prelims examination on 3rd of June. Just try to make a weekly schedule for next 3 weeks and divide them into daily targets. It will help you in two ways, firstly you will remain calm and confident that everything will be covered by the end of 3 weeks and secondly it increases your efficiency on daily basis. This is something that I realized, after doing mistakes in last 3 prelims but follow it only if you feel its right for you based upon your own strength and weakness.
- Health : Just take care of your health in last one month as it’s the most crucial time and you may save 10-20 mins or an hour at max by neglecting diet or exercise but if God forbid one gets sick, it can take away 3-4 days straight.
- During Examination: When you enter the examination hall, just say yourself you are the best, I will definitely clear this. Believe me it works, it gives a sense of confidence and reduce performance pressure. Further , fill all your particulars with extra caution . It might happen you might mark one or two questions wrong mistakenly even after knowing it ( It happened with me twice). Don’t panic and just try to focus on rest of the questions. Don’t let one mistake spoil your entire paper.
Rest I believe, everyone is working hard to crack this examination, might have planned out how to go about prelims this year.
First of all, the resources that I have referred during my preparation:
Ancient History: Old NCERT by RS Sharma
Medieval History: Old NCERT by Satish Chandra
Modern History: Old NCERT by Bipan Chandra and Spectrum
Art and Culture: NCERT 11th class book on Art & Nitin Singhania’s notes
Polity: Indian Constitution at Work, Laxmikant,
Economy: Mrunal’s videos, NCERTs of Economics of Class 12th, Indian Economy Key Concepts by Sankarganesh
Geography: NCERTs, Rajtanil Ma’am lectures of Geography on Mrunal’s Youtube Channel
Mapping: Orient Blackswan Atlas
Environment: Shankar’s and GkToday Environment Module
Science: 11th and 12th NCERTs
Current Affairs: Insights Prelims Exclusive Magazines/Modules
These are the extensive resources that I followed in last 3 years and was able to crack it every time. But I would again like to red flag- try to restrict resources you will be referring for examination and focus more on revision. Ultimately one needs to remember important facts or clear understanding of basic concepts in the examination to mark right option..